For whatever reason your disk is in dynamic mode and you’d like to change it to basic without formation, do the following:
1. Get yourself a HEX editor, I recommend “HxD – Freeware Hex Editor and Disk Editor”
2. Open HxD (Version 188.8.131.52), make sure you run it as an administrator
3. Extras –> Open Disk –> Select the Physical disk in question –> Untick “Open as Readonly”
4. This is what you should see at this point
5. You should already be in Sector 0, locate 1c2 and change it from “42” to “07”, save the changes and reboot your computer! Voila!